Friday, March 25, 2011

The Flower of Return CH.1

Three weeks later

                    I shifted on the smooth satin sheets beneath me able to hear the crinkle of sheets acutely. The sound of footsteps echoed as they hit the wood floor, pausing and the sound of the door opening and shutting with a loud metal click had me turning my head towards the sound, a frown on my face.
          “Ah~ is someone pouting again?” The rich hyperactive voice could only belong to the angel who had punished me that night. The idiot had introduced himself as Evin, though I was tempted not to use it. The rustling of robes reached my ears, but the sound of footsteps didn’t so he was shifting. He was waiting for me to answer! I felt along the blanket for the edges and rolled over, flinging the blanket over my head. “Oh~ is he not pouting? Then you must be angry! Whatever shall I do?”
          The mental image of him dramatically placing his hands on his cheeks in a shocked expression fluttered through my mind. Smirking at the image, I nuzzled my face into the pillow. The scent of soap filled my senses; it reminded me so much of mom. Sadness washed over me as memories flooded and it was all I could do not to start crying.
Shoving the emotions back, I sat up, ignoring the chill that set about my skin. Even in the middle of June, it was June, right? It took me a moment to realize I didn’t have any shirt on, which probably meant I wasn’t wearing any pants either. Ignoring the fact, I flung the rest of the wool cover off and stood.
“You know, it’s very rude to ignore someone who is helping you. Pay attention to me!” Arms wrapped around my shoulder and the next thing I knew I was on the ground, with the damn angel on top of me. “Wow, you’re weaker than you look.”
“It doesn’t have anything to do with the fact that I can’t see now?” Sarcasm pooled off my voice at the rhetorical question. I heard his soft sigh, but chose to ignore it as I pushed off the ground, dumping him ungracefully to the floor.
“Ow, could you at least have warned me first?” he growled out as his hand rubbed where he had landed, if the sound was anything to go by.
I was still getting used to being without my sight; my hearing had become much better as well as my sense of smell and touch. It was as if everything had become hyperactive aware since one of their siblings had left. I could even hear the old grandmother in the next room; her daughter was making me some mechanical arms in the garage next door.
Moving to stand, I hit my head off something sharp, much like a corner. Letting out a soft sound of pain, I lifted a hand to the abused flesh while my other hand touched the object. Smooth and hollow, probably a chest of some sort. I tried standing again, letting out a breath in relief as I didn’t smack into anything else. Turning in the way I thought was the closet. My hand was out in front of me, hoping not to run into anything.
I heard the rustle of clothing, and realized the angel had yet to stand up. Footsteps and the scent of fresh rain surrounded me before a hand grabbed my elbow and led me to the bed, which he shoved me on too.
“How does a black dress shirt and black skinny jeans topped by a dark black floor length coat sound?” his rich voice filled the room and the scent of flowers left me as he walked away from me.
I nodded, turning my head in the direction of his voice. I lay on the bed, my mind drifting, coming back as the angel occasionally said “Aha~” Before long I was in a light sleep.

“Thane, save me!” I spun around, the sound of my sister’s voice penetrating any cloud in my mind.
“Rhyna, where are you?” I kept turning until my eyes found a light. I ran towards the light, seeing the figure of my sister.
I ran and ran, the light never coming closer, my sister never moving. Crying out I lunged forward, before I was falling.
“You can never have her.” The figure from that night appeared above me, a triumphant smirk on his ugly features. His hand reached towards me, before dragging his nails down my chest.

Screaming, I sat upright on the bed covered in sweat. I felt around me, determined to place myself in reality. I heard rustling and scooted back on the bed, falling off the end in the attempt to escape.
“Hey, what’s wrong with you?” I couldn’t help the relief that washed over me when I heard the angel’s voice. “I found clothes for you by the way.”
“May I have them?” I asked, ignoring the inquiry about what was wrong with me. I held my hand out, waiting for the cotton fabric to slide into my hand. I continued to wait, growing irritated as seconds passed. “Give me the damn clothes.” I finally snarled, swiping blindly I grabbed at least one article of clothing. Smirking, I felt the article out and realized I had grabbed the shirt. Quickly pulling the shirt over my head, I held my hand out for the rest of the outfit.
“Tell me what’s wrong first.” He spoke up, his voice farther from the bed than it had been before. He sounded annoyed and concerned, how odd.
“I would like my clothes before I freeze.” I stood from the bed and slowly made my way to wear he was before.
“I’m not over there.” Breath tickled my neck and I spun around, hearing his giggle to the left of me.
Growling, I shoved my hand out, surprised when I actually connected with flesh. He stumbled backwards, effectively shutting him up, before the soft fabric of his clothes was pressed against what wasn’t clothed of mine. Letting out a squeak of surprise, I tried to step backwards. Cold fingers grabbed my wrist pulling me against him.
“You don’t like me fine, but remember I’m just as unwilling to help you as you don’t want my help. Now, what was your dream about?” He hissed out, his breath brushing against my face. I struggled, sighing in defeat as an arm slid around my waist holding my in place.
“My sister asked me to save her yet I couldn’t reach her. No matter how fast I ran I couldn’t reach her.” My voice cracked, much to my annoyance, and I couldn’t help but lean against the angel as he hugged me. “Then I was falling, I never stopped falling, when he appeared in front of me. He smirked at me, the bastard, before saying I could never have her.”
A hand stroked my hair and lips moved against the strands, no words really coming out. The warmth pulled away enough so he was able to look at me, his hand coming out to caress my face. He stopped with a chuckle as I glared at him.
“We’ll save her.” He said it as if that was the most obvious option available.
“I don’t even know where she is; let alone how to go about this whole thing.”
“We leave in a few hours actually. I have a friend who can tell us all about this figure who stole your sister from this world. Now, here finished getting dressed.” The fingers grabbed my hand, pulling it upward to drop clothes into it. I opened my mouth to ask the bazzilion questions that bounced around my head. A finger pressed against my lips. “No questions until you get dressed.”
Huffing, I nodded, turning to were the bed was. I set the clothes down, reaching for the underwear. The silk cloth was cool, much like the angel’s hands had been.
“These are boxers?” I questioned with a skeptical look. I wasn’t sure; they could have just been something the angel had handed me for fun.
“Of course, I’m not that cruel.” Yeah he was.
I gasped as he gasped and punched me in the arm.
“Oww, what was that for?” I yelled at him, rubbing where he had hit me. “I didn’t even say anything to your last comment.”
“I can read minds, idiot.” The flat of his palm bumped me in the head rather hard, and I just glared at him before putting the rest of my clothes on.
I messed up once, much to the angel’s amusement. Sighing, I fell backwards on the bed and hit the angel’s legs, I hoped.
“Oww~ those were my legs.” He sat up, his hands rubbing his upper thighs were I wasn’t.
“Sorry, blind.” I pointed to my eyes with a smirk, chuckling as he smacked me lightly on the chest.
“That is no excuse with me.” He was smiling, I could hear it in the tone of his voice. There was a pause before he spoke again. “You’re pretty.”
“Eh? Why are you complimenting me all of sudden?” I inquired, shifting with his help so we were side by side on the bed.
“I figured we’re going to be on this journey for a while. Why don’t we get to know each other? We can be friends who have friendly fights, right?” He whispered.
I nodded, unable to speak past the butterflies in my stomach that demanded to be let out.
“Yes~” I smiled at his childish tone and accepted the hug. “We have to leave now.”
We left, with much difficulty since I couldn’t see. I felt happiness since the everything had happened, though I knew nothing could last. I had a new friend, and I would get my sister’s life back. Things would work out, if not for me at least for Rhyna.

No comments:

Post a Comment